Managed services is the practice of outsourcing the responsibility for maintaining, and anticipating need for, a range of processes and functions in order to improve operations and cut expenses. Managed services include network services, security, storage, backup and disaster recovery, desktop support, and more.
The rise in the need to focus on core business activities, need for cost-effective IT solutions, and increased need for improved business continuity are the major factors driving the growth of the managed services market.
Key Trends and Drivers
The major drivers of the managed services market include the need to reduce operational costs, the need for improved business agility, and the need for better IT management.
The major trends in the managed services market are as follows:
- The adoption of cloud-based managed services is on the rise, as organizations look to benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and pay-as-you-go pricing model of the cloud.
- The demand for managed security services is growing, as organizations look to outsource the complex task of securing their networks and data.
- The adoption of managed network services is increasing, as organizations look to improve the performance and availability of their networks.
- The demand for managed mobility services is growing, as organizations look to outsource the management of mobile devices and apps.
Restraints & Challenges
Key restraints in Managed Services market are high initial investment, lack of in–house IT staff, and lack of technical expertise. Key challenges in this market are security concerns and availability of skilled labor.
- Managed Data Center
- Managed Network
- Managed Mobility
- Managed Infrastructure
- Managed Backup and Recovery
- Managed Communication
- Managed Information
- Managed Security
By Managed Information Services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Business Support Systems
- Project & Portfolio Management
By Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
- Financial Services
- IT & Telecom
- Media & Entertainment
- Accenture Plc
- Avaya Inc
- BMC Software Inc.
- CA Technologies
- DXC Technology Compan
- Fujitsu Limited
- NTT Data
- Tata Consultancy Services