Band Saw Blades Market
Band Saw Blades Market
Global Band Saw Blades Market to Reach US$ 1.4 BN by 2031, driven by Growing Demand for High-Speed Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades: Global Insight Services
New York, September 2022: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the band saw blades market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than US$ 1.4 billion by 2031.
Band saw blades are mainly used in the metalworking and woodworking industries but can cut various materials. The blades offer consistent cutting behavior with evenly distributed tooth loads and can cut irregular or curved shapes, such as jigsaws. Most band saws have two wheels that rotate in the same plane, one of which is powered but may have three or four wheels to distribute the load. Since the saw blade is offered in different sizes and tooth pitches (number of teeth per inch or TPI), the machine is extremely versatile. It can cut a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic. Band saw works by contacting the workpiece that cuts the saw blade and passing the cutting teeth through the workpiece.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report
Global Band Saw Blades Market: Key Drivers
Bi-metal band saw blades are made of two metals wherein steel is welded via an electron beam to a flexible backer. Growing demand for high-speed bi-metal band saw blades to ensure optimal blade performance bolsters the growth of the band saw blades market. Increasing applications of bi-metal band saw blades to cut carbon steel, tool steel, structural steel, stainless steel, pipe and tube, die steel, angles and flat stock, and mixed metal propel the demand for these blades among small to large manufacturers and fabricators. Such factors are anticipated to boost the demand for high-speed bi-metal band saw blades, which in turn will increase the global band saw blades market share.
Global Band Saw Blades Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
The price of the power band saw blades is high, which acts as a restraining factor for the market’s growth. Conventional tools, such as augers and plungers, are used widely in household applications. These traditional tools have a low cost, but their usage is limited to small applications. Thus, the high price of band saw blades is anticipated to hinder the growth of the global band saw blades market.
Global Band Saw Blades Market Report Findings
The more than 7 TPI segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2021
Based on TPI, it is segmented into less than 3 TPI, 4 TPI to 6 TPI, and more than 7 TPI. The more than 7 TPI segment is expected to have the largest band saw blades market share in 2021. A blade with the right number of teeth per inch (TPI) is crucial for high cutting efficiency and low cost per cut. Therefore, TPI selection is the most important decision when selecting a band saw blade. Growing demand for the right shape and size of the band saw blades for metals and harder material workpiece that might not straddle the work and break teeth as well as reduce gullet overload and strip teeth is propelling the band saw blades market growth. Further, growing application of band saw blades in metal industry is boosting the segment growth. Due to this, the more than 7 TPI segment is expected to receive the main market attraction resulting in market growth.
The carbon steel segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period
Based on material, it is segmented into bi-metal, carbon steel, and others. The carbon steel segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Carbon steel band saw blades is observing a significant growth as material is a crucial factor while selecting the best solution for cutting a variety of ferrous and nonferrous materials. Due to the abovementioned factors, the carbon steel segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The wood cutting segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2021
Based on application, it is bifurcated into wood cutting and meat processing. The wood cutting segment is expected to be the largest segment in the band saw blades market in 2021. The wooden furniture market is dominating the furniture market in India. The demand for wooden furniture has increased manifold in India. India flourishes in the natural resources of several tree species, and the wooden furniture industry uses both indigenous wood and imported wood. India is one of the largest importers of timber in the world. Thus, the wood cutting segment will likely hold a major market share in 2021.
The North America region is accounted for the majority of market share in 2021
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North America market is expected to hold the majority of the market share in 2021. Growing demand for high-speed bi-metal band saw blades to ensure optimal blade performance bolsters the growth of the band saw blades market in North America. Increasing applications of bi-metal band saw blades to cut carbon steel, tool steel, structural steel, stainless steel, pipe and tube, die steel, angles and flat stock, and mixed metal propel the demand for these blades among small to large manufacturers and fabricators in North America. This, in turn, boosts the demand for band saw blades in the North America region.
Have a question for our analyst
The key players studied in the global band saw blades market are BAHCO (SNA Europe) (Sweden), Dongbei Special Steel Group Co., Ltd (China), Friedrich Bickenbach GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), gi-ESSE SALVADOR srl (Italy), Hakansson Saws India Pvt. Ltd. (India), Kyocera Unimerco A/S (Denmark), LENOX (Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.) (US), NACHI-FUJIKOSHI CORP. (Japan), Starrett (US), and The Bandsaw Shop (UK).
Global Band Saw Blades Market: Recent Developments
- June 2021, LENOX, an industry leader in band saw performance for more than a century, announced that The LENOX 360TM System is the newest invention to track bandsaw performance data. Due to its real-time data capture capabilities, this innovative technology is perfect for steel service centers and fabrication facilities since it enhances decision-making and maximizes efficiency.
- May 2021, BAHCO presented the new generation of BAHCO-exclusive bandsaw calculator. Every BAHCO user can access the new web-based BandCalcTM, which is responsive and multiplatform. Additionally, they upgraded it with additional features that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of bandsaw calculation.
Global Band Saw Blades Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current global band saw blades market outlook and estimations from 2021 to 2031, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- Region-wise, as well as country-wise conditions, are broadly evaluated in this report.
- The forecasts in this report are made by examining the recent trends along with future global band saw blades market potential from 2021 to 2031 in terms of revenue.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the global band saw blades market are also analyzed.
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the global band saw blades industry.
Global Band Saw Blades Market Segmentation
- Less Than 3 TPI
- 4 TPI to 6 TPI
- More than 7 TPI
- Carbon Steel
- Wood Cutting
- Meat Processing
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- Middle East
- BAHCO (SNA Europe) (Sweden)
- Dongbei Special Steel Group Co., Ltd (China)
- Friedrich Bickenbach GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- gi-ESSE SALVADOR srl (Italy)
- Hakansson Saws India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Kyocera Unimerco A/S (Denmark)
- LENOX (Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.) (US)
- NACHI-FUJIKOSHI CORP. (Japan)
- Starrett (US)
- The Bandsaw Shop (UK)