Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market
Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market to Reach US$ 31.0 BN by 2031, driven by the Advancements in Cold Forming and Cold Heading: Global Insight Services
New York, September 2022: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the cold forming and cold heading market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than US$ 31.0 billion by 2031.
The process of forging metals at room temperature is referred to as cold forming. Metal wires are cut into small segments to form multiple die progression in a cold heading machine. Every step of the process imparts specific geometrical features to the design of the product being manufactured, such as automotive, industrial equipment, and medical equipment, that offers manufacturability and a long-term production life cycle. The cold forming process has zero processing scrap, which is one of the major reasons it is preferred over traditional metal machining.
A cold heading machine is mechanical equipment used to form net-shaped or near-net-shaped metal parts. This machine performs various steps to form a specific part from a metal wire or rod without adding heat. The process is carried out using a high-speed replicated series of hammers, die, and punches.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market: Key Drivers and Trends
Heads and cold-forming machines have become advanced. For example, a machine currently manufactured with five or more dies. A function that enables the production of long parts and short parts. Adjustments change the timing of cutter blades, feed strokes, transfers, and kick-outs function. CNC control provides operators immediate access to production data. Quick change setup allows for both punch and die components. It can be setup and customized offline and requires minimum production time. A multi-station cutter that performs stationary and extruded cold-forming operations also significantly increases headline production rate and capacity. Increasing knowledge of metallurgy will allow heading and cold to form stronger material. Manufacturers of special alloys, such as carpenters, can control the analysis and production of varieties more accurately to meet them. With higher corrosion resistance, Starch on the headboard. It is now possible to have a specific AISI if good cold forming characteristics and consistent performance are desired. Grades are manufactured within controlled analytical limits to improve cold formability and secondary machining operations. In other cases, the analysis has been modified for cold working to manufacture a particular fastener draft economically. For instance, Sturdy tool steel extends the life of the upset die producer Alloys such as carpenters are versatile enough to handle manufacturing operations requiring head molding and machining. These factors are influencing the growth of the cold forming and cold heading market over the years.
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
Increasing overall maintenance and repair cost of cold forming and cold heading and likely restraining market revenue growth in the forecast period. Further, increasing volatility in raw material prices and the high maintenance cost of cold forming and cold heading are anticipated to hinder market growth during the forecast period. Growing volatility in raw material prices negatively influences the ability of manufacturers to produce cold forming and cold heading based on specific requirements.
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market Report Findings
The alloy steel segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2021
Based on material, it is segmented into aluminum, alloy steel, stainless steel, and others. The alloy steel segment is expected to be the largest segment in the cold forming and cold heading market in 2021 owing to multiple benefits such as high strength, hardenability, toughness, temp resistance, corrosion resistance, and greater end use safety margin. Due to such benefits mentioned above, the alloy steel segment is expected to hold a major market share in 2021.
The automotive segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2021
Based on end user, it is segmented into aerospace & defense, automotive, industrial equipment & machinery, and others. The automotive segment is expected to be the largest segment in the cold forming and cold heading market in 2021. The automobile industry is constantly growing. Therefore, the automobile industry widely uses parts molded by cold heading machines. A few main metals used for cold heading include copper-based (Cu) metal alloys, pure copper, brass, phosphor bronze, stainless steel, and aluminum. Headers manufactured by cold heading machines are terminals and pins used in various automotive control units, engine control units (ECUs), pressure sensors, and other in-vehicle sensors. Technological advancements, climate change-related policies, and changing consumer preferences are driving the demand for eco-friendly, fuel-efficient, and intelligent vehicles and innovations in electric and hybrid vehicles globally. Thus, the automotive segment will likely hold a major market share in 2021.
The North America region is accounted for the majority of market share in 2021
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North America market is expected to hold the majority of the market share in 2021. North America continues to invest in innovation and development of advanced, energy-efficient, and environment-friendly vehicles. As a result, automakers in this region are investing in expanding production facilities, which is expected to increase the demand for cold forming and cold heading. Further, the increase in regional investment by manufacturers to set up production plants and research & development centers is further increasing the demand for cold forming and cold heading solutions. Thus, it propels the growth of the cold forming and cold heading market in North America.
Have a question for our analyst
The key players studied in the global cold forming and cold heading market are Altra Industrial Motion Corp. (US), BUCHANAN METAL FORMING, INC. (US), Cold Formed Products (UK), Cold Heading Company (US), Complex Cold Forming (UK), Deringer-Ney, Inc. (US), Fukui Byora Co., Ltd. (Japan), Kalyani Forge Ltd. (India), Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (US), and Tengco, Inc. (US).
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market: Recent Developments
- January 2022, Altra Industrial Motion Corp. had announced that it had acquired Cleveland, Ohio-based Nook Industries LLC, a US-engineered linear motion industry leader. Nook is expected to generate approximately US$ 42 million in revenue in 2021. The transaction is anticipated to be cash accretive to Altra’s earnings in 2022, excluding any one-time or acquisition-related costs.
- March 2021, Deringer-Ney Inc. acquired Hoyt Corporation, a leading provider of electrical contacts, copper extrusions, and contact assemblies.
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current global cold forming and cold heading market outlook and estimations from 2021 to 2031, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- Region-wise, as well as country-wise conditions, are broadly evaluated in this report.
- The forecasts in this report are made by examining the recent trends along with future global cold forming and cold heading market potential from 2021 to 2031 in terms of revenue.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the global cold forming and cold heading market are also analyzed.
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the global cold forming and cold heading industry.
Global Cold Forming and Cold Heading Market Segmentation
- Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel
By End User
- Aerospace & Defense
- Industrial Equipment & Machinery
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp. (US)
- BUCHANAN METAL FORMING, INC. (US)
- Cold Formed Products (UK)
- Cold Heading Company (US)
- Complex Cold Forming (UK)
- Deringer-Ney, Inc. (US)
- Fukui Byora Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Kalyani Forge Ltd. (India)
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (US)
- Tengco, Inc. (US)