Dental Mirrors Market
Dental Mirrors Market
Dental Mirrors Market to Reach USD 682.2 Million by 2032, driven by the growth in investment in healthcare infrastructure across the globe: Global Insight Services
New York, March 2023: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the global dental mirrors market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than USD 682.2 million by 2032.
A dental mirror also known as a dentist’s mirror or mouth mirror is a common instrument used in dentistry. The mirror is concave in shape which gives dentists a magnified reflection of the patient’s mouth and refracts light. The double-sided dental mirror is used to retract the cheek or tongue while simultaneously viewing the other side from an indirect perspective. The mirror makes the image larger, and brighter which makes it easy for the dentist to see. The crevice-free structure of the double-sided mirror enables maximum patient comfort and efficient cleaning.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report:
Dental Mirrors Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Around the world, there is an increase in the occurrence of dental and oral problems such as dry mouth, tooth loss, infection in the root canal, dental trauma, and cavities. The Global Burden of Disease 2019 report from the WHO estimates that 3.5 billion people worldwide suffer from oral illnesses, particularly dental cavities. The demand for dental operations to correct dental issues such as overbites, overcrowding, and gaps between teeth has increased due to the rising number of dental problems, which in turn is fueling the market for dental mirrors. For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), periodontal disease affects around 47.2% of people in the US over the age of 30, and its prevalence rises with age, reaching about 70.1% of adults over the age of 65.
Additionally, oral diseases are more common among people in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), and this incidence is rising as urbanization and lifestyles change. A study by the University of Gondar, Ethiopia, found that in 2020, the prevalence rate of oral disorders, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa, was 40.98%; for Ethiopia, it was 52.4%; for Sudan and Kenya, it was 50.3%; and for Tanzania, it was 40.2%. This high incidence is generally brought on by inadequate exposure to fluoride in water supplies or dental hygiene products, the availability of foods high in sugar, and limited access to oral health services in the neighborhood.
Dental Mirrors Market: Restraints and Challenges
The worldwide dental mirror market is expected to have slow growth due to the high cost of dental operations and people’s lack of commitment to regular dental checkups.
Dental Mirrors Market Report Findings
The one-sided mirror segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Based on the product type, it is segmented into one-sided mirrors, double-sided mirrors, LED mirrors, and smart dental mirrors. The one-sided mirror segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The one-sided mirror gives a brighter and larger magnified image of the original object without inverting the image; thus, the dentist can see a larger image of what is inside making the doctor’s work much easier in viewing inner teeth and the mouth, so increasing uptake by dentists is boosting the growth of the market.
In 2021, the metal dental mirrors market sector is probably going to have a bigger market share
Based on the material, it is segmented into metal dental mirrors and plastic dental mirrors. In 2021, the metal dental mirrors market sector is probably going to have a bigger market share. Additionally, the same market sector is anticipated to see a quicker CAGR between 2022 and 2028. Optical mirrors can perform more effectively thanks to the special advantages that both aluminum and silver coating can provide. Due to their high reflectivity and long-lasting durability, silver coatings also help primary, secondary, and tertiary mirrors. This boosts the use of metal dental mirrors and is one of the main causes of boosting the market for these products.
The dental clinics market category is anticipated to have the greatest market share by the end of 2022
Based on the end user, it is segmented into Dental Clinics, Hospitals, Others. The dental clinics market category is anticipated to have the greatest market share by the end of 2022. Additionally, from 2022 to 2028, the same segment is anticipated to have the greatest CAGR. The rise in dental problems’ prevalence, the expansion of dental clinics worldwide, and people’s rising disposable income are all factors that have contributed to the segment’s growth. The dental practice offers a wide range of dental treatment options, including periodontics, orthodontics, dental mirrors, teeth whitening, preventive dentistry, and more.
The North American region is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period
Region-wise, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American region is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. Due to factors like high disposable income, significant healthcare spending, an increase in the number of elderly patients seeking advanced medical care, the introduction of new products, an increase in the prevalence of dental diseases, and an increase in the number of dental procedures carried out in the region, there is likely to be a high demand for dental mirrors in North America. Due to the region’s rising nations’ improved healthcare infrastructure, the dental mirrors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid CAGR over the forecast period. A growing number of medical professionals are choosing to practice dentistry and opening their own facilities in developing nations, which is driving up demand for advanced dental equipment from hospitals as well as specialty clinics.
Have a question for our analyst:
The key players studied in the report are Acteon Group, AR Instrumed Deutschland GmbH, Asa Dental S.p.A., Addler Engineering Solution, Carl Martin GmbH, Dentamerica, Inc., DTR Medical Ltd., Essential Dental Systems, Inc., Helmut Zepf Medizintechnik GmbH, Integra LifeSciences, Medesy Srl, Parkell, Inc., Prodont-Holliger, Supply Clinic, Inc., Zirc, Jakobi Dental GmbH among others.
- May 2022, InventHelp Inventor develops modified dental inspection mirrors. The invention provides an improved inspection mirror for dental applications. In doing so, it eliminates the need to continually wipe fog or water from the mirror.
- October 2019, Hu-Friedy introduced new HD Black Line Mirrors. The Black Line Mirrors build upon the success of HD Mirrors, Black Line, and XTS product lines and deliver superior visibility throughout any dental procedure.
- September 2019, Integra Life Sciences Holdings Corporation acquired Rebound Therapeutics, developers of single use medical devices which allow minimally invasive access using optics and illumination for visualization, diagnostic and therapeutic use in neurosurgery. Rebound’s minimally invasive surgical technology features integrated optics and illumination capable of interfacing with existing operating room monitors.
- February 2019, Omni Vision Technologies Inc., along with SMART mirror announced from MD&W West in Anaheim the world’s first Wi-Fi enabled smart dental mirror, which sends images and video in real time to a connected tablet.
Dental Mirrors Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current global Dental Mirrors market outlook and estimations from 2021 to 2031, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- Region-wise, as well as country-wise conditions, are broadly evaluated in this report.
- The forecasts in this report are made by examining the recent trends along with future Dental Mirrors market potential from 2021 to 2031 in terms of revenue.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Dental Mirrors market are also analyzed.
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the global Dental Mirrors industry.
Global Dental Mirrors Market Segmentation
By Product Type
- One-sided Mirrors
- Double-sided Mirrors
- LED Dental Mirrors
- Smart Dental Mirrors
- Metal Dental Mirrors
- Plastic Dental Mirrors
By End User
- Dental Clinics
- North America
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Acteon Group
- AR Instrumed Deutschland GmbH
- Asa Dental S.p.A.
- Addler Engineering Solution
- Carl Martin GmbH
- Dentamerica, Inc.
- DTR Medical Ltd.
- Essential Dental Systems, Inc.
- Helmut Zepf Medizintechnik GmbH
- Integra LifeSciences
- Medesy Srl
- Parkell, Inc.
- Supply Clinic, Inc.
- Jakobi Dental GmbH