Fertility Test Market
Fertility Test Market
Fertility Test Market to Reach USD 979.9 Million by 2032, driven by the growth in medical application across the globe: Global Insight Services
New York, April 2023: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the global fertility test market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than USD 979.9 million by 2032.
A medical and physical assessment called a fertility test measures a person’s capacity to conceive naturally. Growing older is one of the factors that might impair fertility, therefore women and men who are 35 or older who are having trouble becoming pregnant even after six months of trying should think about fertility testing. Blood tests, discussions of medical history, and minimally invasive procedures are all part of the fertility testing procedure. It mostly includes detecting hormones like luteinizing hormone or progesterone hormone in blood, urine, or saliva to determine whether ovulation has occurred. Semen analysis is part of the tests for males to ensure a proper sperm count.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report:
Fertility Test Market: Key Trends and Drivers
The increasing first-time pregnancy age is propelling the growth of the market. Due to the drop in first pregnancies among teenage girls and the rise in pregnancies among women over 30, the average age of first pregnancies has dramatically increased globally during the past few decades. The average age at which women give birth is now 30 or older, according to the OECD; this development is primarily being noticed since women over the world are showing a higher preference for delaying first pregnancies. Listed below are some significant products launched in recent years:
- The average mean age of a first pregnancy in the OECD-25 nations climbed from 29 to 30 between 2015 and 2019 according to the OECD Family Database. The only OECD nation with a mean average age of 28 or less is Mexico.
- Only 11.8 births per 1,000 young women (under the age of 20) have their first child, which is in line with the rising mean age of first-time pregnancies (Source: OECD).
- UNICEF reports that between 2005 and 2017, the average age of Canadian women giving birth to their first child rose by 1.5 years, from 27.5 to 29.
- The average age of first-time moms in the Netherlands grew from 29.4 years in 2013 to 29.9 years in 2019. (Source: CBS, 2019).
Fertility Test Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
The lesser precision of ovulation prediction kits is anticipated to hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period. The luteinizing hormone (LH) spike that occurs 24-36 hours before ovulation is measured by ovulation prediction kits. However, ovulation cannot be precisely confirmed using these kits. Ovulation predictors are not reliable in cases like luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome, which happens when a woman’s egg does not break free from her follicle after the LH surge. Additionally, urinary LH measurement only predicts the beginning of ovulation and cannot pinpoint the day of ovulation or anovulation, indicating a very brief window of opportunity for conception.
Only LH can be detected by ovulation monitors; they are unable to detect other crucial ovulation indicators, such as if the cervical mucous is conducive to fertilization. Additionally, these monitors are ineffective in the presence of the hormone hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) or some fertility medications like Personal in the urine. The fact that these kits do not work for women in their 40s (particularly those who are close to menopause) due to elevated levels of LH is another significant disadvantage. These drawbacks of ovulation monitors reduce their predictive power, which is preventing end users from using them.
Fertility Test Market Report Findings
The ovulation prediction kits segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period
By product, it is segmented into ovulation prediction kits, fertility monitors, and male fertility test kits. The ovulation prediction kits segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. The key factors such as the increase in the use of ovulation prediction kits coupled with the easy availability of the over-the-counter test kits for at-home testing are boosting the growth of the market.
The OTC segment is anticipated to register significant growth during the forecast period
By mode of purchase, it is segmented into direct/prescription-based products, OTC-based products, and online products. The OTC segment is anticipated to register significant growth during the forecast period. The high growth of this segment is attributed to the inclination of patients towards self-monitoring of healthcare conditions coupled with increasing initiatives by market players to spread awareness on fertility, and the rising preference for confidentiality and accessibility of test results is also boosting the growth of the market.
The female fertility testing segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period
By application, it is segmented into female fertility testing and male fertility testing. The female fertility testing segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. The key factors such as the availability of a wide range of fertility testing products for females coupled with technologically advanced testing kits which predicts accurate ovulation date and decreasing female fertility rates is boosting the growth of the market.
The home care settings segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period
By end user, it is segmented into home care settings, hospitals & fertility clinics. The home care settings segment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. The large share and high growth of this segment can be attributed to the inclination of patients toward self-monitoring of healthcare conditions coupled with easy access to fertility and ovulation monitors on e-commerce websites, availability of user-friendly and easy-to-handle devices, and the growing preference for confidentiality of test results.
The North American region is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American region is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. The large share of this region can be primarily attributed to factors such as the high prevalence of infertility coupled with increasing awareness about fertility testing among women, the rising age of first-time pregnancies in women, and the easy availability of ovulation and fertility monitors through e-commerce websites.
Have a question for our analyst:
The key players studied in the global fertility test market are Swiss Precision Diagnostics (Switzerland), Church & Dwight (US), Prestige Brands Holdings (US), bioZhena (US), Fairhaven Health (US), Fertility Focus (UK), Geratherm Medical (Germany), Hilin Life Products (US), UEBE Medical (Germany), AdvaCare Pharma (US), AVA (Switzerland), Babystart (UK), Valley Electronics (Germany), Sensiia (UK), and Mira Care (US).
Recent Developments in the Fertility Test Market:
- February 2021, Fertility Focus partnered with ExSeed Health, a home-based sperm testing company. Under this partnership, both companies would together provide solutions to couples planning a pregnancy.
- May 2019, Fertility Focus launched an updated version of Ovu Sense App- Ovu Sense App V.2 with features such as increased flexibility in data viewing, more choices for logging events than most of the apps, and increased accuracy in terms of monitoring cycles.
- December 2018, Concepta Diagnostics launched my Lotus Fertility app and monitoring system which was useful for women trying to conceive by testing their ovulation period at home.
- January 2017, NFI Consumer Healthcare, a division of Gregory Pharmaceutical Holdings, completed the acquisition of the e.p.t. OTC pregnancy.
Fertility Test Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current global Fertility Test market outlook and estimations from 2021 to 2031, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- Region-wise, as well as country-wise conditions, are broadly evaluated in this report.
- The forecasts in this report are made by examining the recent trends along with future Fertility Test market potential from 2021 to 2031 in terms of revenue.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Fertility Test market are also analyzed.
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the global Fertility Test industry.
Global Fertility Test Market Segmentation
- Ovulation Prediction Kits
- Fertility Monitors
- Male Fertility Test Kits
By Mode of Purchase
- Prescription Based
- Female Fertility Testing
- Male Fertility Testing
By End User
- Home Care Settings
- Fertility Clinics
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Swiss Precision Diagnostics (Switzerland)
- Church & Dwight (US)
- Prestige Brands Holdings (US)
- bioZhena (US)
- Fairhaven Health (US)
- Fertility Focus (UK)
- Geratherm Medical (Germany)
- Hilin Life Products (US)
- UEBE Medical (Germany)
- AdvaCare Pharma (US)
- AVA (Switzerland)
- Babystart (UK)
- Valley Electronics (Germany)
- Sensiia (UK)
- Mira Care (US)