Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market to Reach USD 26.8 Billion by 2032, driven by the growth in investment in healthcare infrastructure across the globe: Global Insight Services
New York, July 2023: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the global hospital-acquired infection control market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than USD 26.8 billion by 2032.
Nosocomially acquired illnesses that are not present or incubating at the time of admission to a hospital are known as hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). These infections include bloodstream infections linked to central lines, urinary tract infections linked to catheters, surgical site infections, pneumonia linked to ventilators, pneumonia acquired in hospitals, and infections with Clostridium difficile. A productive cough, shortness of breath, abdominal discomfort, rebound tenderness, altered mental status, palpitations, suprapubic pain, polyuria, dysuria, and costovertebral angle tenderness are signs that an infection is present.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report:
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Some of the major factors driving this market are rising awareness about Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), the need to prevent cross-infections, the incidence of infectious diseases in healthcare facilities, and supportive government programs to encourage infection control techniques. The development of national, regional, and hospital-level infection prevention guidelines and policies as well as the expanding use of monitoring tools are both contributing to the expansion. Similarly, the market for hospital-acquired infection control is anticipated to grow as a result of factors including the increased demand for sterilization and disinfection in hospitals and clinics, technological developments in sterilization and disinfection equipment, an increase in hospitals outsourcing sterilization services to pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and an increase in the production of medical nonwovens and single-use products due to an increase in COVID-19 cases.
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market: Restraints and Challenges
The market for hospital acquired infection control is predicted to rise, but this expansion is expected to be constrained by the negative effects of chemical disinfectants and worries about the safety of reprocessed instruments. In contrast, it is anticipated that the growing use of single-use medical nonwovens and devices would present profitable prospects during the projection period.
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market Report Findings
The protective barrier segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period
Based on the product & services, it is segmented into sterilization, cleaning & disinfection products, protective barriers, and endoscope reprocessing products. The protective barrier segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. This is attributed to an increase in the general public’s awareness of personal hygiene, an increase in surgical procedures, a rise in the use of medical nonwovens, such as face masks, surgical drapes, and gowns, as a result of an increase in COVID-19 cases, and an increase in the manufacturing of gloves and nonwoven products.
The hospital-acquired pneumonia segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period
Based on the infection type, it is segmented into hospital-acquired pneumonia, bloodstream infections, surgical site infection, gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections, and others. The hospital-acquired pneumonia segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Some of the major factors driving this market include rising awareness regarding Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), the requirement to prevent cross-infections, the prevalence of infectious diseases in healthcare facilities, and encouraging government initiatives to promote infection control practices.
The hospitals & clinics segment is the major shareholder in the hospital-acquired infection control market
Based on the end user, it is segmented into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals & clinics segment is the major shareholder in the hospital-acquired infection control market. Due to an increase in the number of surgical procedures performed in hospitals, an increase in the prevalence of hospital-acquired infections, an increase in the number of hospitals and clinics, and an increase in the number of elderly people, who also have an increase in the prevalence of chronic illnesses.
North America dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021. The presence of important companies, the initiatives they launched in the public and private sectors, and the rising awareness of HAIs in this area are all factors that contribute to the big share. For instance, the American-based Ecolab purchased the Swiss company vanBaerle Hygiene AG in December 2020. This expanded the product portfolio and service capabilities of Ecolab by providing a broad spectrum of cleaning, disinfection, and hygiene solutions. The CDC is in charge of epidemic investigations, surveillance, research, and HAI prevention in the United States. In accordance with the HHS Action Plan to Avoid Healthcare-Associated Infections in Acute Care Hospitals, the CDC also develops novel methods to prevent infections related to healthcare. In the upcoming years, it is anticipated that supportive measures like these will fuel regional growth.
Have a question for our analyst:
The key players analyzed in the market are Olympus Corporation, Medivators Inc. (Cantel Medical Corp.), Getinge Group, STERIS Plc., Belimed AG (Metall Zug), Steelco S.P.A, Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck & Co. Inc., Advanced Sterilization Products Services Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Abbott Laboratories, and Bayer AG among others.
- September 2021, Sodexo has expanded its partnership with Ecolab in the United States for the control of hospital-acquired infections through the Protecta Plus programme. This programme was created to reduce infection risk in hospitals and healthcare facilities by utilizing Ecolab’s Bioquell hydrogen peroxide vapor technology.
- July 2021, UVision 360 Inc. announced that it had received approval for the expansion of reprocessing procedures for utilization with the Luminelle DTx system.
- April 2020, Allegheny Health Network (AHN), announced a sterilization process that would allow the reuse of N95 masks that were very crucially in demand.
- April 2020, Steris received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. FDA for respirator decontamination. This allowed the company to temporarily offer a solution for decontamination of compatible N95 or N95-equivalent respirators using STERIS V-PRO Low Temperature Sterilization Systems.
Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market outlook and estimations from 2022 to 2032, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- The report also covers qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of the Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market in terms of revenue ($Million).
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market industry.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- By region as well as country market analysis is also presented in this report.
- Analytical depiction of the Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets. The overall Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market Industry opportunity is examined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, Pricing Analysis, Case Studies, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market are also analyzed.
Global Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market Segmentation
By Products & Services
- Cleaning & Disinfection Products
- Protective Barriers
- Endoscope Reprocessing Products
By Infection Type
- Hospital-acquired Pneumonia
- Bloodstream Infections
- Surgical Site Infections
- Gastrointestinal Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
By End User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East