New York, September 2023: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the Intralogistics Market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than US$ 75.3 billion by 2032.
The intralogistics industry pertains to the planning, management, and performance of materials, commodities, and information transit and storage within a facility or warehouse. It encompasses all internal logistics processes that take place within a single organization, which include receiving, warehousing, picking, packaging, and shipping items. Various technologies, including automated material handling systems, conveyors, robots, sensors, and software applications, are used in this process.
The design, development, implementation, and administration of systems and technologies used to optimize and simplify the transportation, storage, and retrieval of commodities and materials is referred to as intralogistics. They assist businesses in improving supply chain management, reducing lead times, increasing order accuracy, and improving customer service.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report
Intralogistics Market: Market Drivers and Trends
The adoption of industry 4.0 increases the need for portable food safety detectors. The adoption of Business 4.0, also referred to as the fourth industrial revolution, has had a tremendous influence on the intralogistics business by increasing overall supply chain efficiency and productivity. Furthermore, the integration of Industry 4.0 technology has resulted in the creation of smart warehouses that are highly automated and networked. Sensors, RFID tags, and automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) are used in smart warehouses to expedite inventory management, order processing, and fulfillment. For example, in October 2021, Zyter developed a cutting-edge, next-generation smart warehouse for Onscreen in San Diego that is outfitted with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. products.
Furthermore, rising adoption of intralogistics systems in e- commerce industry. The development of e-commerce has transformed the retail business, and with it, the need for intralogistics has skyrocketed. As e-commerce grows in prominence, the requirement for effective and optimized intralogistics operations becomes increasingly important. According to a Forbes article released in February 2022, E-Commerce sales in the United States were USD 870 billion in 2021, a 14.2% rise over 2020 and a 50.5% growth over 2019. Furthermore, the rising popularity of online shopping has led to increased order volume, shorter response times, and a greater need for a broader selection of items. As a result, in order to satisfy these demands, the logistics sector needs to change and make investments in new technologies including automation, robots, and artificial intelligence. Dematic, for example, debuted the Multishuttle (DMS) 2 E, the next generation of warehouse automation systems, in March 2020. The system, which is interoperable with all other DMS components, stores, buffers, and sequences products for order selecting and compilation. These drivers are likely to propel market expansion.
Intralogistics Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
Furthermore, The high installation cost of intralogistics systems can be a substantial hurdle to adoption, limiting these systems’ commercial prospects. Intralogistics systems often need substantial expenditures in technology and infrastructure, such as specialized equipment, software, and hardware, as well as installation and maintenance costs. This hefty initial investment can be prohibitive for certain organizations, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with limited means to invest in these systems. Furthermore, the cost of intralogistics systems will be determined by factors such as the operation’s size and complexity, the level of customization required, and the level of automation requested. As a result, some organizations may choose less expensive and fewer effective alternatives, limiting the market’s development and adoption of intralogistics systems. Hence, these factors are expected to restrain growth of the market during the forecast period.
Intralogistics Market Report Findings
The software segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2022
Based on application, the Intralogistics Market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. The software segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. This is because Intralogistics systems rely heavily on software. In current intralogistics systems, a number of software integration options are now accessible. The program collects and analyses data in order to propose strategic solutions. This is accomplished by the precise optimization, analysis, and automation of resources, information, and things. Intralogistics is becoming a popular alternative across sectors due to real-time control of visualization of complex material flow processes. Warehouse control systems, material flow control software, material flow control software, picking by light system control software, and other functionalities are now available in intralogistics software. Intralogistics suppliers will benefit greatly from the software component.
The automotive segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2022
By end-use, the market is classified into logistics, food and beverages, retail and e-commerce, automotive, chemical, and others. The automotive segment dominated the market in 2022 in terms of revenue and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. The vehicle sector also requires the use of intralogistics. The market is offering autonomous vehicle transportation solutions. Customers in the automotive industry are increasingly choosing customized solutions. Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs), which utilize intralogistics, are also in great demand. The increasing penetration of emerging and established nations in the logistics and car end-use sectors has opened the way for intralogistics to thrive as a market.
The North America region is accounted for the majority of market share in 2022
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America has the biggest market share in terms of Intralogistics Market value followed by Asia Pacific. The United States has a history of early technological adoption, as well as digitization of the supply chain and mobilisation of high-tech solutions such as intralogistics and 5G. The United States is a world leader in numerous industries, including autos, agriculture, industrial production, and others. Intralogistics is widely used in all of these businesses. The majority of enterprises, such as Toyota Industries Corporation, MHS, and Daifuku Co., Ltd, have a strong presence in the nation and produce a significant portion of their income there.
Have a question for our analyst
Intralogistics Market: Recent Developments
- In February 2023, SSI Schaefer Group has inked a deal to buy the remaining shares of DS Automation, a manufacturer of AGVs and AMRs. The remainder of the shares will be acquired in March 2023. This advancement is a significant step towards increasing the company’s competitiveness and innovative capacity in robotics and automation, which are pioneering for intralogistics.
- In December 2022, OMRON announced the launch of the first Automation Centre in Singapore, South-East Asia, and Oceania, solely dedicated to the Logistics Industry. It served as one of the first solution development centres to help the logistics industry embrace the Robotics Middleware Framework (RMF).
- In November 2022, Rockwell Automation collaborated with Comau to demonstrate robot control solutions and the benefits of fully integrating Comau’s articulated robots with Rockwell Automation’s unified robot control platform.
- In June 2022, Daifuku Co., Ltd. has reopened Hini Arata Kan, the of the world’s largest full-scale material handling and logistics demo centres, which is located within Daifuku’s manufacturing plant Shiga Works in Japan. The center has been updated with 54 of Daifuku’s most recent material handling systems and equipment, as well as huge screens where visitors can see case studies and other footage of the systems in operation on-site.
- In March 2022, Muratec and Cimcorp, both subsidiaries of Murata Machinery, displayed their automation technology at the MODEX 2022 supply chain trade event. Robotic order-picking systems and automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS) are among the featured technologies. The firms displayed end-to-end automation solutions that address major warehouse and distribution issues.
- In 2020, Interrol unveiled the high-performance MX 025H Crossbelt Sorter, which can handle up to 20,000 conveyed items per hour.
Intralogistics Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current Intralogistics Market outlook and estimations from 2022 to 2032, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- The report also covers qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of Intralogistics Market Market in terms of revenue ($Billion).
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the Intralogistics industry.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- By region as well as country market analysis is also presented in this report.
- Analytical depiction of the Intralogistics Market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets. The overall Intralogistics industry opportunity is examined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, Pricing Analysis, Case Studies, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Intralogistics Market are also analyzed.
Intralogistics Market Segmentation
- Food and Beverage
- Retail and E-Commerce
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia-Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East