Wind Turbine Tower Market
Wind Turbine Tower Market
New York, December 2023: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the Wind Turbine Tower market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than US$ 35.1 billion by 2032.
A wind turbine tower is a vital component of a wind energy system, serving as the structural support for the turbine’s blades and nacelle. Typically made of steel or concrete, these towers stand tall to harness the kinetic energy of the wind at higher altitudes where wind speeds are more consistent. The tower’s height is crucial for maximizing energy capture, as wind velocity increases with altitude.
The tower connects the turbine’s rotor to the ground-based generator through a shaft in the nacelle. It plays a pivotal role in ensuring the turbine operates efficiently by elevating the rotor above obstacles that could disrupt wind flow. Different tower designs exist, including tubular steel and lattice structures, each tailored to specific site conditions and turbine sizes.
Modern wind turbine towers are engineered for strength and durability, supporting the transition to renewable energy. As technology advances, taller towers are being developed to access stronger winds, contributing to the overall effectiveness and sustainability of wind power systems in the pursuit of clean energy solutions.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report
Wind Turbine Tower Market: Key Drivers
The proliferation of wind farms has been a key driver in the growth of the wind turbine tower market. As countries worldwide seek sustainable and clean energy sources, wind power has emerged as a prominent solution, leading to a surge in the establishment of wind farms. These farms consist of multiple wind turbines, each requiring a dedicated tower for structural support.
The increasing number of wind farms is directly correlated with a rising demand for wind turbine towers. This demand has stimulated innovation and competition within the market, fostering advancements in tower design and construction materials. Taller towers are now being developed to tap into higher altitude winds, enhancing the overall efficiency and power output of wind turbines.
Additionally, government initiatives, incentives, and global commitments to reduce carbon emissions have further propelled the growth of wind energy projects, thereby amplifying the demand for wind turbine towers. This trend not only signifies a shift towards sustainable energy but also underscores the economic viability of wind power, making the wind turbine tower market a pivotal player in the renewable energy landscape.
Wind Turbine Tower Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
The overdependence on Chinese wind turbine tower manufacturers has become a significant hindrance to the growth of the global wind turbine tower market. China has emerged as a dominant player in the manufacturing of wind energy components, including towers, due to its large-scale production capabilities and cost competitiveness. However, this concentration of production in one region poses several challenges.
Firstly, geopolitical tensions and trade uncertainties can disrupt the supply chain, leading to delays and supply shortages for wind projects globally. The reliance on a single manufacturing base also raises concerns about the resilience and stability of the supply chain, especially during times of economic or political turbulence.
Moreover, the overdependence on Chinese manufacturers limits diversity in the market, potentially stifling innovation and creating vulnerabilities in the face of unforeseen events. Diversifying the manufacturing base across multiple regions could enhance the industry’s resilience and promote healthy competition, encouraging advancements in technology and driving down costs.
Efforts to encourage the development of wind turbine tower manufacturing capabilities in other regions can help mitigate these risks, ensuring a more robust and sustainable global wind energy infrastructure.
Wind Turbine Tower Market Report Findings
The Tubular Steel Towers segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2022
On the basis of Tower Type, the Wind Turbine Tower Market is segmented into Tubular Steel Towers, Lattice Towers, and Hybrid Towers. The Tubular Steel Towers segment is expected to have the largest Wind Turbine Tower market share in 2022. The tubular steel towers segment is experiencing notable growth in the wind turbine tower market. Tubular steel towers are a popular choice for supporting wind turbines due to their structural efficiency, strength, and versatility. These towers are cylindrical in shape and can be easily transported and assembled, making them cost-effective and suitable for various wind farm locations. One key factor driving the growth of tubular steel towers is their adaptability to a wide range of wind turbine sizes, including both onshore and offshore installations. Advances in engineering and manufacturing techniques have allowed for the production of taller and more robust tubular steel towers, enabling access to higher wind speeds at elevated heights. This, in turn, enhances the overall energy output and efficiency of wind turbines. Furthermore, the demand for tubular steel towers is propelled by their durability and resistance to environmental factors. These towers are designed to withstand challenging weather conditions, contributing to the longevity and reliability of wind energy systems. As the wind energy sector continues to expand globally, the tubular steel towers segment is likely to maintain its growth trajectory, playing a pivotal role in supporting the development of sustainable and efficient wind power infrastructure.
The Onshore segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2022
Based on Deployment Type, the Wind Turbine Tower Market is classified into Onshore and Offshore. The Onshore segment is expected to have the largest Wind Turbine Tower market share in 2022. The onshore segment is experiencing significant growth in the wind turbine tower market. Onshore wind farms, where turbines are installed on land, continue to be a dominant and expanding source of renewable energy. Several factors contribute to the growth of onshore deployment in this market. Firstly, onshore wind projects generally have a lower initial investment compared to offshore alternatives, making them more economically attractive for many regions. This cost-effectiveness has led to increased adoption and investment in onshore wind farms. Secondly, technological advancements in onshore wind turbine design and manufacturing have improved efficiency and energy output. Innovations in taller tower designs allow turbines to access higher wind speeds, further enhancing the performance of onshore wind farms. Additionally, the availability of vast onshore areas with suitable wind conditions contributes to the growth of this segment. Many countries can harness wind energy resources from their existing landscapes, promoting the development of onshore wind projects as a viable and sustainable option for clean energy generation.
The Asia Pacific region is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2022
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The Asia Pacific region is expected to have the largest Wind Turbine Tower market share in 2022. The Asia Pacific region is witnessing substantial growth in the wind turbine tower market, fueled by various factors contributing to the expansion of the renewable energy sector. Firstly, the region’s increasing energy demands, driven by rapid industrialization and urbanization, have led countries in Asia Pacific to explore sustainable and reliable energy sources. Wind power, facilitated by the growth in the wind turbine tower market, plays a significant role in meeting these demands. Further, many countries in the Asia Pacific region have implemented supportive policies and incentives to promote renewable energy, including wind power. Government initiatives encourage the development of wind farms, fostering a conducive environment for the growth of the wind turbine tower market. Moreover, ongoing advancements in wind turbine technology, including taller towers and more efficient designs, have made wind energy more competitive and attractive. This technological progress contributes to the increasing deployment of wind turbines in the Asia Pacific region. In addition, the region benefits from the cost competitiveness of wind energy, making it a viable option for addressing power needs. As the wind turbine tower market expands, economies of scale and increased competition among manufacturers contribute to further cost reductions. Furthermore, many countries in the Asia Pacific have set ambitious renewable energy targets to reduce carbon emissions and combat climate change. Wind power, supported by a growing market for wind turbine towers, becomes instrumental in achieving these targets. Hence, the Asia Pacific region’s growth in the wind turbine tower market reflects a broader commitment to sustainable energy and the recognition of wind power as a crucial component in the region’s energy mix.
Have a question for our analyst
The key players studied in the Wind Turbine Tower market are Anyang Machinery Co., Ltd (part of China National Building Material Group) (China), Arcosa Wind Towers, Inc. (US), CS WIND CORPORATION (South Korea), Cubuilt Engineers Pvt Ltd. (India), GRI Renewable Industries (Spain), Keystone Tower Systems (US), KGW Schweriner Maschinen- und Anlagenbau GmbH (Germany), Marmen inc. (Canada), Modvion (Sweden), and United Energy Qazaqstan LLP (Republic of Kazakhstan).
Wind Turbine Tower Market: Recent Developments
- August 2023, For its Wind of Change initiative, the Swedish wood technology company Modvion is constructing the highest wooden wind turbine tower in the world. The tower will stand 105 meters tall, and the entire construction will be 150 meters tall when the turbine blades are added. Laminated veneer timber is the type of wood used to construct the wooden modules that comprise the tower. In order to ensure that the towers are waterproof, they are painted thickly with waterproof sealant. This creates a regulated air volume inside the solid-wood tower, which aids in stabilization and the battle against humidity.
- April 2023, The GreenerTower, a wind turbine tower composed of more sustainably produced steel, was unveiled by Siemens Gamesa. About 80% of a tower’s material is made of steel plates. When compared to traditional steel, the tower steel plates made of the new GreenerTower will guarantee a minimum 63% decrease in CO2. With the same steel characteristics and quality, Siemens Gamesa’s new rigorous qualifying method will confirm that emissions of CO2 equivalents can only be released in excess of 0.7 tons per ton of steel.
- June 2021, A deal was reached for the sale of Vestas Wind Systems AS, a Danish wind turbine manufacturer, to CS Wind Corp., a South Korean tower builder, at its Pueblo, Colorado, tower facility.
Wind Turbine Tower Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current Wind Turbine Tower Market outlook and estimations from 2022 to 2032, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- The report also covers qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of Wind Turbine Tower Market in terms of revenue ($Million).
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the Wind Turbine Tower industry.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- By region as well as country market analysis is also presented in this report.
- Analytical depiction of the Wind Turbine Tower Market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets. The overall Wind Turbine Tower industry opportunity is examined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, Pricing Analysis, Case Studies, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Wind Turbine Tower Market are also analyzed.
Wind Turbine Tower Market Segmentation
By Tower Type
- Tubular Steel Towers
- Lattice Towers
- Hybrid Towers
By Deployment Type
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia-Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Anyang Machinery Co., Ltd (part of China National Building Material Group) (China)
- Arcosa Wind Towers, Inc. (US)
- CS WIND CORPORATION (South Korea)
- Cubuilt Engineers Pvt Ltd. (India)
- GRI Renewable Industries (Spain)
- Keystone Tower Systems (US)
- KGW Schweriner Maschinen- und Anlagenbau GmbH (Germany)
- Marmen inc. (Canada)
- Modvion (Sweden)
- United Energy Qazaqstan LLP (Republic of Kazakhstan)