Military Embedded Systems Market
New York, February 2024: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the Military embedded systems Market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years and it is expected to reach a CAGR 6.7% during the forecast period.
Military embedded systems encompass hardware and software specifically designed for military applications, covering the complete design process. These systems, integral to various military functions, such as communication, navigation, and weaponry, are characterized by enhanced reliability, security, robustness, and structure compared to general-purpose embedded systems. They play a crucial role in collecting and analyzing information for informed decision-making in military intelligence.
Military embedded systems enable smart device operation, remote control, and protection against malicious software attacks. These specialized systems are essential for national security, requiring heightened reliability, security, and resilience in harsh environments. Governments allocate significant portions of their budgets to invest in military embedded systems, which find application across land, water, air, and space platforms.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report
Global Military Embedded Systems Market: Market Drivers and Trends
Advancements in High-Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) for Defense Sector Applications
One of the key trends in military embedded systems technology is the development of high-performance embedded computing for defense applications. HPEC is crucial for modern military communication systems. These systems use various services and radio units to communicate over different frequencies. The amplifiers they use cover a wide range of frequencies, allowing different systems to work together smoothly. This flexibility is essential for military operations in diverse missions and environments.
In terms of programming these systems, there’s a growing need for parallel programming, which means handling multiple tasks simultaneously. It’s challenging because the codes are complex, and debugging them is a challenge. Some companies have tried to create tools for this, but it’s not easy. Developing tools can be expensive and time-consuming. HPEC plays a pivotal role in this context by offering a robust set of tools that significantly facilitate the intricate task of working with complex codes and efficiently debugging them. This not only simplifies the development process but also contributes to the advancement of military communication technologies. So, in simple terms, HPEC is becoming increasingly important in making sure military communication systems stay top-notch and can handle the demands of modern defense applications.
Global Military Embedded Systems Market: Market Restraints and Challenges
Stringent Security Protocols in Embedded Devices
Critical security procedures in embedded devices can potentially restrain the growth of military embedded systems due to several reasons. The implementation of complex security measures involves encryption algorithms, secure key management, and frequent software updates to address emerging threats. These procedures may result in increased development time and costs, making it challenging for military organizations to keep up with the rapidly evolving technological landscape. The need for compatibility and interoperability among various military devices and systems could pose challenges.
Furthermore, the implementation of complex security procedures can increase the cost of developing and maintaining military embedded systems. Budget constraints may limit the adoption of state-of-the-art security measures, leading to potential vulnerabilities. Additionally, the extensive testing and certification processes required for highly secure systems may slow down the deployment of new technologies and innovations in military applications.
Furthermore, the interoperability of embedded systems may be affected as different components need to adhere to strict security standards, potentially limiting the flexibility and scalability of military systems. Lastly, the constant evolution of cyber threats demands continuous updates and patches, creating a challenge for military organizations to keep embedded systems secure without sacrificing operational efficiency. Balancing robust security with the need for rapid and cost-effective deployment remains a key challenge in the growth of military embedded systems.
Global Military Embedded Systems Market Report Findings
The new installation segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2023
The new installation segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment was valued at USD 1,326.7 Million in 2023 and it is anticipated to grow further to USD 2,356.1 Million by 2033, at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. The new installation in the military embedded systems market refers to the deployment of embedded systems in military equipment or platforms that are being newly introduced or built. In this context, it involves integrating advanced computing and electronic systems into newly manufactured military vehicles, weapons, or other hardware. The new installation focuses on the initial incorporation of embedded technologies during the production or assembly phase of military assets. New installations often include state-of-the-art embedded systems to enhance the capabilities of military equipment, such as communication systems, navigation technology, surveillance tools, and control systems. The new installation is crucial for modernizing military infrastructure and ensuring that new military platforms are equipped with the latest embedded technologies to meet evolving defense requirements.
The intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2023
Based on application, the market is segmented into intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), command and control, electronic warfare (EW), communication & navigation, weapon and fire control, and others. The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) segment size was USD 446.1 Million in 2023 and is anticipated to reach USD 1,055.9 Million in 2033, growing at a rate of 8.6% from 2024 to 2033. Intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) in military embedded systems involve the integration of advanced hardware and software to enhance information-gathering capabilities. These systems play a pivotal role in military operations, providing real-time data for decision-making. Embedded electronics, with heightened reliability and security, support ISR applications, ensuring effective communication, navigation, and reconnaissance.
The hardware segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2023
Based on component, the market is segmented into hardware and software. The hardware segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment was valued at USD 1,506.2 Million in 2023 and it is anticipated to grow further to USD 2,721.0 Million by 2033, at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. The rising complexity of military missions and the need for sophisticated defense capabilities propel the demand for robust and reliable hardware components. The hardware segment benefits from the continuous efforts to improve the computational power, storage capacity, and signal processing capabilities of military embedded systems. As defense requirements evolve, hardware advancements become essential for supporting tasks such as communication, navigation, surveillance, and control within military equipment. Additionally, the increasing focus on cybersecurity in military operations has spurred demand for secure and resilient hardware components. The hardware segment responds to this growing need by incorporating features and technologies that enhance the security of military embedded systems, protecting against cyber threats and ensuring the integrity of critical defense functions.
The Land segment is likely to hold the major share of the market in 2023
Based on platform type, the market is segmented into land, airborne, naval, and space. The Land segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment was valued at USD 482.5 Million in 2023 and it is anticipated to grow further to USD 1,052.2 Million by 2033, at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period and it is anticipated to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. In terms of platform, land refers to the segment that encompasses embedded technologies deployed on ground-based military vehicles and systems. This includes the integration of advanced electronic systems such as communication devices, sensors, navigation systems, and real-time data processing capabilities into land-based military platforms. Mostly, the land platform has a maximum number of military embedded system applications. It is widely used in tanks, armored vehicles, and ground-based defense systems this system provides essential functionalities including fire control, communication, and target acquisition. Land platforms serve as the foundation for a wide range of military embedded system applications, encompassing diverse technological solutions crucial for modern warfare. hosting a diverse array of technological solutions crucial for modern warfare. These platforms integrate advanced electronic systems that enhance communication, surveillance, and firepower capabilities.
The North America region is accounted for the majority of market share in 2023
Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the world. The North American region is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The region was valued at USD 790.5 Million in 2023 and it is anticipated to grow further to USD 1,363.7 Million by 2033, at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. The military embedded systems market in North America is experiencing growth driven by multiple key factors that reflect the region’s emphasis on technological advancements, defense modernization, and the increasing complexity of military operations. North America has a robust defense sector with substantial investments in research and development. The region is home to leading defense contractors, research institutions, and technology companies that continually innovate to meet the evolving needs of modern warfare. This technological prowess contributes to the development and adoption of cutting-edge military embedded systems, incorporating advanced components such as processors, memory, and communication modules.
Have a question for our analyst
Some of the key players in Military Embedded Systems Market are Thales Group, Advantech, Smart Global Holdings, Kontron, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Mercury Systems, Xilinx (AMD), Telephonics Corporation (TTM Technologies), Radisys (Reliance Industries), Intel Corporation, BAE Systems, General Micro Systems, Microsemi (Microchip Technology), Abaco Systems (AMETEK), General Dynamics Corporation, Dell Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell International, IBM Corporation, and NXP Semiconductors.
Global Military Embedded Systems Market: Recent Developments
- In December 2023, Annapolis Micro Systems, a leading COTS supplier, secures its largest orders totaling $61.6M for RFSoC & Versal™-Based Solutions in 3U OpenVPX Airborne Electronic Warfare. The multi-year contracts from major research and defense entities highlight the company’s expertise in delivering advanced EW capabilities amid challenging environments, positioning them for record-breaking revenue.
- In September 2023, GlobalFoundries (GF®) and Microchip Technology, through Microchip’s Silicon Storage Technology® (SST®) subsidiary, announce the immediate production release of the SST ESF3 third-generation embedded SuperFlash technology NVM solution using the GF 28SLPe foundry process.
- In September 2023, The new SBC3902 single board computer by AMETEK Abaco Systems introduces a powerful AI Edge computing solution in a compact 3U VPX form factor. Aligned with Sensor Open System Architecture (SOSA™) slot profile 14.2.16, it features the NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Orin™ module, providing up to 275 TOPS of AI performance with 2048 CUDA cores and 64 Tensor Cores. Leveraging NVIDA Ampere Architecture, the module offers rapid data transfer, dedicated encoding/decoding capabilities, and advanced DL algorithms, making it ideal for embedded Edge Computing systems.
- In June 2023, Concurrent Technologies secures a £1.25 million contract with a UK FTSE 250 company for custom embedded systems for national defense. This milestone validates the company’s strategic expansion into the embedded systems market.
- In April 2023, General Dynamics Mission Systems and Abaco Systems collaborate to provide rugged, board-level secure processing solutions with advanced encryption and anti-tamper capabilities, integrating General Dynamics’ security expertise with Abaco’s rugged embedded computing technology.
Military Embedded Systems Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current Military Embedded Systems Market outlook and estimations from 2023 to 2033, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- The report also covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Military Embedded Systems Market in terms of revenue ($Million).
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the Military Embedded Systems Market.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- By region as well as country market analysis is also presented in this report.
- Analytical depiction of the Military Embedded Systems Market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets. The overall Military Embedded Systems Market opportunity is examined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, Pricing Analysis, Case Studies, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the Military Embedded Systems Market are also analysed.
By Installation Type
- New Installation
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Command and Control
- Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Communication & Navigation
- Weapon and Fire Control
- Digital Signal Processor
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Graphical Processing Unit (GPU)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia-Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Market Players
- Thales Group
- Smart Global Holdings
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Mercury Systems
- Xilinx (AMD)
- Telephonics Corporation (TTM Technologies)
- Radisys (Reliance Industries)
- Intel Corporation
- BAE Systems
- General Micro Systems
- Microsemi (Microchip Technology)
- Abaco Systems (AMETEK)
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Dell Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Northrop Grumman
- Honeywell International
- IBM Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors